Series - Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery - Pre-Raphaelites

Museum



Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
Pre-Raphaelites 





The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood (also known as the Pre-Raphaelites) was a group of English painters, poets, and critics, founded in 1848 by William Holman Hunt, John Everett Millais and Dante Gabriel Rossetti. 
The three founders were joined by William Michael Rossetti, James Collinson, Frederic George Stephens and Thomas Woolner to form the seven-member "brotherhood".





Its members believed the Classical poses and elegant compositions of Raphael, in particular, and had a corrupting influence on the academic teaching of art, hence the name "Pre-Raphaelite".


Reminds you of someone you know?










Remeber me bur only bigger?? I am on the Tate Gallery in London (check post in 2012)









 One of my favourite paintings (one in the million that I love) was right in front of me!!








In Partnership with:









 

No comments:

Post a Comment